2008年4月22日火曜日

2008/04/22 Arudou Debito banned a Japanese citizen, Ponta

In other words, he banned me.

See the comments by various people he has blocked.
http://pontasmemorandum.blogspot.com/2008/02/blog-post_2432.html

As you can see from the archive, Mr Arudou has been blocking my comments on his blog, but as you can see on the video, Mr Arudo banned Japanese like me on his blog. I commentted and clicked "submit comment" and the comment just disappears.
I don't know why he is doing this because I'll keep commenting about his blog just as ever, and I am proposing him to discuss the matter in a public forum. If you find something inappropriate with my posts on this blog, be kind enough to point it out. I'll change my style. And Mr Arudou, if you are reading this, let me make it clear again that I am willing to talk, I am willing to change my style. It is Mr Arudou Debito who bans Japanese like me without giving any reasons. Anyway the following is the comment I was going to write on his blog. http://www.debito.org/index.php/?p=1639 http://s03.megalodon.jp/2008-0422-1343-50/www.debito.org/index.php/?p=1639 Mr Arudou. Let me protest one thing.
Otherwise, Japan will remain amongst its G8 brethren, as scholar Chalmers Johnson put it, “an economic giant, but political pygmy.”
It seems obvious in this context that the "pygmy" is used in a pejorative sense.
pygmy noun (pl. pygmies) 1 a member of certain peoples of very short stature in equatorial Africa. 2 chiefly derogatory a very small person or thing. 3 a person who is deficient in a particular respect: intellectual pygmies. • adjective very small; dwarf. — ORIGIN Greek pugmaios ‘dwarf’, from pugme ‘the length measured from elbow to knuckles’.
I think this is insulting to African people. This is not the first time you have approved the statement insulting to them.link

Do you have no intention to correct them again? Deep down do you hold the despise on Asian and African people?

UPDATE
It seems that there is idiomatic usage in English.

Definition
Pygmy, Pigmy Show phonetics
noun [C]
1 a member of one of several groups of very small people who live in central Africa:
Pygmies average about 1.5 metres in height.

2 DISAPPROVING someone who is not important or who has little skill:
a political pygmy
an intellectual pygmy
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=64590&dict=CALD


But I hold this usage is politically wrong.

0 件のコメント: